Information Charter/Privacy Statement
When we need to handle personal information about you, this is how we look after that information. When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need it;
- only to ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information;
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn't;
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations and why we share it
- to make sure we don't keep it any longer than necessary; and
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address. This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use or delete your personal information;
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date; and
- how to make a complaint.
None of the above affects our policy of being open and transparent, or our commitment to Freedom of Information, Subject Access Requests and Data Protection.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT us at either:
tel. 01228 406600
Alternatively, write to us at
Data Protection Office
Direct Rail Services Ltd
Other relevant information
DRS uses a standard technology called a "cookie" to collate information on how and how often the site is used. The cookie is stored on your computer, but it does not store any personal information and will not allow us to identify individual users.
When applying for a job with DRS we will only use your personal information in the application process and not for any other purpose. Full details of how we process your data during the application process are available on request
When submitting an email enquiry, we retain some personal information. We only retain this information to facilitate a response to your enquiry. We pass no information to third parties, unless required to do so by law.
When we ask for information, we will keep to the law, including the General Data Protection Regulation. If you believe DRS have handled your information incorrectly, we do have a complaints procedure.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Phone 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 524540