Qualified Train Driver Vacancies – London and Rugby
Salary: £57,511 per annum
Are you fully qualified Train Driver who is looking for a challenge where you can really contribute to a team effort? Do you use set backs as an opportunity to improve and to go on to achieve even better results? Do you take pride in your work, using your drive and motivation to deliver the best, every time?
If sounds like you then we need you to join our team!
As a specialist rail freight company and a subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), DRS provides rail transport not only to the nuclear sector but also to a to a range of other critical sectors, including logistics and distribution for supermarkets, support for passenger rail and helping maintain the UK’s rail network. All year round Team DRS pulls out all the stops to make sure we continue to deliver these essential services, and our Train Drivers are absolutely key to this effort and right at the heart of our everyday operations.
What are the key deliverables of the role?
- To safely and punctually operate DRS train services as required, supporting DRS customer and company requirements
- To preform Train Person duties as and when required
- To preform traffic examination duties and shunting activities on relevant rail vehicles
- To develop, maintain and retain relevant route and traction knowledge
- To observe and acknowledge all publications and notices in line with the CMS
- To comply with all safety and security requirements
The successful applicant MUST possess:
- Hold a valid European Train Driving Licence
- Ability to obtain a Personal Track Safety Certificate
- The ability to obtain Rolling Stock Technician competence
- Be medically fit to both Company and Railway Group Standard including drugs and alcohol testing (please see the Rail Safety and Standards Board website for further details of the medical requirements – rgsonline.co.uk).
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence – This must be available for any assessments/interviews that you may attend.
What is essential to know about this job role:
- Higher level of Security Clearance required (CTC level – please see www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance)
- 24/7 shift work is an essential part of the role
- A flexible approach to shifts is required
- Successful candidates will undertake classroom and practical training and assessments as required
- 34 Days Leave (26 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays)
- Full time position – Average 35 hour week
- Company pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme which includes dependents
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
DRS is a strong promoter of gender, orientation and racial diversity in rail and particularly welcomes applications from members of minority groups.
The Company is also happy to consider applications from candidates who would like to work flexibly.
If you have the necessary skills and ambition to apply for the above role please email email@example.com for an application form.